Ilsa Classica Neapolitan Coffee Maker
The Ilsa Napoletana Classica is a true classic Neapolitan coffee maker, used extensively in Italy for decades. Features quality aluminum construction, with reusable aluminum filter chamber and heat-resistant plastic handles. Suitable for use on gas, electric, glass and ceramic stoves (not induction). Made in Italy.
Neapolitan pots use a very simple, traditional brewing process often referred to as the "flip drip" method. First water is added to one half of the pot and fine ground coffee is placed in the metal filter basket, then the pot is assembled and placed on the stove. Once the water begins to boil the pot is removed from the stove and flipped over, allowing the hot water to drip down through the ground coffee.
- Ilsa Napoletana Classica Neapolitan coffee maker
- quality aluminum body and filter chamber
- heat-resistant plastic handles
- sizes based on 2 ounce "cups"
- 3-cup (6 oz.): 6-1/4" tall
- 6-cup (12 oz.): 8-1/4" tall
- 9-cup (18 oz.): 9" tall
- 12-cup (24 oz.): 10-1/2" tall
- Suitable for use on gas, electric, glass and ceramic stoves (not induction)
- made in Italy
- feels tinny but excellent coffee. Review by sjb
Quality: Value: Price:
The metal is a little thin and the device, if i can call it that, has a tinny feel, but it makes great coffee and is fun, to boot. the flavor is much like Moka but it seems to carry the subtleties of the coffee a little better. Dialing in the right grind takes a bit of time but worth it and satisfying it would also be excellent for camping or travel.
(Posted on 1/12/17)