Red Rooster Camano Coffee Mill
The Red Rooster Camano hand-crank coffee grinder will add considerable enjoyment and nostalgic appeal to your daily coffee grinding ritual! This newest version of the Camano has been redesigned with a significantly improved ceramic burr grinding mechanism, offering greater grinding efficiency, consistency and the ability to grind extremely fine if desired. A beautiful hand-made walnut wood cap joins the cast iron grinding mechanism to the convenient glass canning jar base. The Camano coffee mill comes wrapped in burlap bag and gift boxed. Made in USA (using American made parts, except the ceramic burr which is imported).
We bench tested this new Camano mill and were very pleased with the results, it has smooth crank operation, is easy to hold, and produces a consistent grind that can be set extremely fine for espresso machines. We even ran some tests to see if the Camano could grind fine enough for commercial style espresso machines (with straight through, non-pressurized filters), and to our delight we were able to pull beautiful shots with a thick crema on our Rancilio Silvia espresso machine.
Red Rooster Camano Coffee Mill Details:
- heavy cast iron housing and handle
- precision, adjustable ceramic burr grinding mechanism
- hand-made walnut wood cap
- glass canning jar receives the ground coffee
- dimensions: 4"W x 8" H
- capacity: approx. 7 Tbsp. beans (top hopper)
- made in USA (using American made parts, except the ceramic burr which is imported)
- Camano grind applications based on Espresso Zone testing:
- French press, percolator, vacuum pot, drip, stovetop moka, espresso machines (all types, both pressurized & non-pressurized filters)
- Reliable and Economical Review by Carl H
Quality: Value: Price:
No issues with this grinder for travel purposes. I use it several times a year when travelling or camping. More consistent grind compared to Hario with less obvious burr "wobble". No issues at this price point.
(Posted on 9/2/14)