Italian Style Hot Chocolate Recipe
How to Make Deliciously Thick Italian Style Hot Cocoa
If you like chocolate, you really need to try this hot cocoa recipe for an amazingly delicious treat. The Miscela d’Oro Voglianera cocoa powder we used here is a premium Italian blend, and the small amount of organic corn starch we added results in a wonderfully silky texture that resembles a very thin pudding. We recommend serving this European style hot cocoa in smaller, pre-heated espresso cups topped with some real whipped cream.
Items we used for this recipe as shown above:
Miscela d’Oro Voglianera Italian Cocoa Powder
Bormioli Rocco Oslo Espresso Cups
- 5 tablespoons high quality cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon organic corn starch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar and corn starch in a saucepan.
- Add cold water and whisk to combine all ingredients. Be sure to use cold water so you can mix the cornstarch without lumping.
- Cook slowly over medium heat until the cocoa thickens, then mix in the vanilla and serve immediately in small espresso cups.
- Top with real whipped cream if desired & enjoy!